The Original Problem
Do you have a 2006-2008 Kia Optima? Is the visor falling down and obstructing your vision?
The original sun visors installed in these cars had a major problem. The visor will not stay up and it constantly falls while driving or running over a bump. Its not just your car, every Optima manufactured in these years has the same problem. The support rod loses tension over time, and begins to lose grip.
See installation video below. The video is for a sonata, but installation is exactly the same.
We are selling a completely revised Genuine Kia Visor that will not fall down, and will not lose tension. The new visor is completely redesigned internally by Kia engineers to never fail again.
- Includes plug and wiring to plug into ceiling for vanity lights
- installs easily with a flat blade and a Phillips screwdriver
- includes mirror with cover
- includes slide-out extender
- matches your interior fabric color exactly.
- Comes sealed in Genuine Kia Packaging.
- Factory Fresh Direct From Kia.
These Genuine Kia Visors are cloth material, and are not vinyl. This is the only way Kia offered them on every 2006-2008 Optima.
- There is a cover that covers the screw holes on the portion of the visor where it mounts to the ceiling. Get a flat blade screwdriver, cover the tip in electrical tape so you do not t scratch anything.
- Using the flat blade. Pop off the cap that covers the screws, the Phillips mounting screws should now be visible.
- Unscrew both Phillips screws with one hand while holding the visor in the other, so that it does not fall and dangle by the electrical wire.
- unplug the electrical connector from the ceiling.
- installation is just the opposite of removal.
Kia still sells both designs of this visor. They sell the old defective design, and the new improved design. Many companies and dealers are still selling the old design because it is cheaper and they can make more profit. If you get the old design you will just have the same problem again. We only sell the new design visors.