(ONE) Activation tool as used by Ford to train the TPMS sensors on new vehicles or after a tire rotation. Use this tool to train OEM sensors so the TPMS warning light is not illuminated.
Activation tool can be used to retrain sensors after tire rotation. Tool comes with battery installed and is ready to be used right out of the box.
Will work with the following vehicles
2007-2016 Ford F-150
2008-2016 Ford F-250 F-350 F-450 F-550 Super Duty
2007-2016 Ford Mustang
2007-2014 Ford Edge
2006-2016 Ford Escape
2008-2016 Ford Expedition
2006-2016 Ford Explorer
2008-2015 Ford Flex
2008-2016 Ford Taurus
2008-2016 Ford E-150 E-250 E-350 E-450 Econoline Vans
2008-2016 Ford Fiesta
2008-2016 Ford Focus
2008-2016 Ford Fusion
2008-2011 Ford Crown Victoria
2011-2016 Ford Transit Connect
2006-2011 Ford Ranger
2007-2016 Lincoln MKX
2007-2016 Lincoln MKT
2008-2016 Lincoln MKZ
2008-2016 Lincoln MKS
2008-2016 Lincoln Navigator
2008-2011 Lincoln Town Car
2007-2008 Lincoln Mark LT
2006-2010 Mercury Mountaineer
2006-2010 Mercury Monterey
2006-2011 Mercury Mariner
2006-2011 Mercuy Grand Marquis
2006-2011 Mercury Milan
Ford cars and trucks need to have their Tire Pressure Monitoring System sensors re-trained or activated after the installation of new wheels and tires or after a tire rotation. Following these simple steps anyone can re-train their TPMS sensors and save their self a costly trip to the dealership.
Ford cars and trucks newer than 2007 commonly use TPMS sensors that monitor the air pressure in the wheels. The sensors each communicate with the vehicle through an access point at each wheel that they have to be "trained" or programmed to communicate with. T
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, then press and release the brake pedal.
2. Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
3. Press and release the brake pedal.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
5. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times, ending in the RUN position. *The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center will display TRAIN LF TIRE.*
6. Place the tire pressure monitor activation tool on the LEFT (Driver's Side) FRONT tire sidewall at the valve stem. Press and release the test button repeatedly on the TPMS Tool until the horn beeps. (It may take up to 6 seconds for the tool to activate the sensor, Leave the tool on the sidewall for the entire 6 seconds). The horn beeping indicates that the body control module has recognized the TPMS sensor.
7. Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding confirming programming of the LF tire, place the TPMS tool on the RIGHT (Passenger's Side) FRONT tire sidewall at the valve stem and press the test button to activate the sensor.
8. Repeat step 7 for RIGHT REAR followed by LEFT REAR tire in that order. The procedure is complete after the last tire has been trained. When training is complete, the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE TRAINING COMPLETE. For vehicles not equipped with a message center, successful completion of the training procedure is verified by turning the key to the OFF position without the horn sounding. If the horn beeps twice when the switch is turned to OFF the training procedure was not successful.
NOTE: If the vehicle or wheels/sensors have been stationary for more than 30 minutes, the sensors will go into a "sleep mode" to conserve battery power. It is necessary to wake them up by simply moving them or rolling the tires before they will communicate with the vehicle.
NOTE: The TPMS training procedure must be done on one vehicle at a time, in an area without radio frequency interference - at least 3 feet away from other vehicles equipped with TPMS sensors.
NOTE: Vehicles with different tire pressures front-rear like F-Series trucks and E-Series vans also require TPMS re-training after a tire rotation. Failure to train the sensors will cause the TPMS warning light to illuminate on the dash.
The Original Problem:
After a few years of wear and tear, and climate changes the part to begins to break down structurally.Heat is one of the main factors of automotive issues. As you may notice, automotive problems seem to be more common in the summer months or in warmer climates.
Our Genuine Part is brand new and has all the latest updates. The part is designed to never fail again. Of course, nothing is perfect, so we back it up with our industry leading warranty in case something does go wrong. This part is made by the same company that made your vehicle, so you know it will be a 100% perfect fit every time, and the quality will be spot on.
Avoid the hassles of aftermarket, and cheap imitation parts. Our Parts just fit right, and just work right every time.
Many of our customers are reporting an install time of around 20 minutes or less. This is really easy to install.If an installation video is available, you will find it here on this page. We are adding new videos all the time so check back later.
Does it fit my ________???
Our Parts are heavily researched and tested. They only fit what we say they will. Many parts look the same, but in reality, are very different. Please do not purchase if your exact vehicle configuration is not listed, we can promise you it will not fit.
3 Year Warranty: This part is covered by our industry leading 3 Year No Hassle Warranty. Details
Drive With Confidence. We only sell 100% Genuine Parts. No Chinese Knockoffs, No recalled parts, No Junk!